Sunday, August 28, 2011

my awesome trip to Omaha June 19th thru 26th.....

Okay Chickee's I'm going to cackle a little about my trip to Omaha  Neb. in June. Let me just tell you all how far away Omaha is from Utah....farfarfar away and the land is as flat as a pancake and it was cooolllddd and windy with tornado watches every day we were there.....I was obviously disapoointed with my visit to Neb. and didn't even venture out to find JUNK boohoo...we just went to my grandson's baseball games and tried to stay warm under coats and blankets and returned to the hotel to hunker down while it rained buckets and blew like the big bad wolf!!! for five days!!!  No really Neb. was very pretty coming and going. It is lush and green and those storm clouds were huge and black and amazing to see.
 We left Neb. feeling kinda jipped but we headed to South Dakota and Mount Rushmore with new purpose...that of finding me some junk!!! And we stopped in a couple cute towns and bought some things, but the real finds were right there in Rapid City S.D. I found the cutest doll cradle some great vintage jewelry, frames, pots, doilies, and a awesome little table and cabinet to paint on. I had so much fun shopping and the people in the shops were really friendly and fun.
I only had a couple hours to shop but my mission was accomplished and I felt like a new Chickadee. Then we went to find Mt. Rushmore which is quite a drive from Rapid City really.....but when we finally got there let me just tell you it was amazing!!!!We all agreed it was the highlight of our whole trip IT WAS AWESOME!!!but our time was short again because we had to get down to Cheyenne before dark and YES the storm clouds were brewing again. We spent the night in Cheyenne and headed back to Payson the next morning...and we were all very glad to see the Wasatch mountains in our view, they are beautiful and awesome and they seemed to welcome us all back.





1 comment:

  1. I love Charleston because my grandmother lives there. We are going to visit this summer. Global Visas Fraud team investigate on the behalf of clients each year are bogus job offers with the promise of a visa. I haven't been there in years...I am very excited.

    ReplyDelete